First, I should announce the winners of Contest #6: Congrats to Jaime A., Lisa S. and Astrid R. They wanted to room with the easygoing Dana, the interesting Bianca and the creative and artistic Raquel, respectively, so no squabbling over room assignments next year at Evernight Academy. That’s a relief. They’ll each be getting a copy of the vampire romance anthology ETERNAL straight from the publisher, BenBella.
This week I’m in Vancouver, where I will have dinner, as promised, with the winning bidder in the Nashville Flood Relief auction earlier this year. I’m really looking forward to meeting her, and it’s been fabulous to visit up here, too. Vancouver, you are the only city on earth that wears more black than New York, and I salute you for it. I also salute you for the incredibly high number of dogs I’m seeing on the streets. I get to vicariously enjoy all sorts of dogs. Especially pugs. Good times. When not traipsing around dog-watching, I’m hard at work on the outline for BALTHAZAR. So it’s a big week!
But it’s not so busy that I can’t get AUTUMN GIVEAWAY EXTRAVAGANZA Contest #7 off the ground!
Three fabulous books could be yours for the taking, all very different, all very fabulous:
1) THE DUFF, by Kody Keplinger. Bianca Piper’s cynical attitude helps disguise the insecurity she feels about being her group of friends’ DUFF … “Designated Ugly Fat Friend.” It also helps her give class jerk Wesley as good as he gives, matching him insult for insult. But when hormones overcome hostility — and Wesley turns out not to be so awful after all — she’s about to find out if the DUFF can get the guy in the end (if he’s worth getting). Smart, funny and sexy!
2) I AM NUMBER FOUR, by “Pittacus Lore,” IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME. Ahem. This hot science fantasy title is going to be a big movie early next year, but you know you want to check the book out first. Nine kids came to Earth to hide from the alien race hunting them down; three of them have been killed, so far. Doesn’t feel good to be Number Four, aka John Smith, who’s trying to lead an average life in Ohio. Suspenseful and mind-bending stuff.
3) MATCHED, by Ally Condie. This is one of the most anticipated YA releases for fall, but you can get the ARC in your hot little hands first. Cassia lives in a futuristic dystopian world where everyone is told what to do, what to be and whom to love. But when she goes to be “matched” with her eternal partner, she’s shown not one image, but two. Will anyone believe her? Is the guy they’re pushing her toward really the one she belongs with forever? Or does Cassia need the freedom to explore her own heart?
Three awesome books, three lucky winners. How can you be one of them? Check out the contest rules!
1) Send me an email at evernightclaudia at gmail dot com, with the subject line “Contest #7″. In this email, also include the name and address I can use to send your prize if you win — and yes, for this one, I will ship anywhere.
2) In this email, tell me which of the three books you’d like … or just put, “surprise me.”
3) Do all this before Monday, October 18, when I’ll choose the winners at random.
Good luck to all, and stay tuned — we’re getting closer to Halloween, which means we’re getting closer to the AFTERLIFE ARC giveaways –