FATEFUL is arriving in bookstores any day now — September 13 if you’re in the US, August 29 in Australia (for other countries, check with your local bookseller.) I’ve been so caught up in my big move that it seems like I turned around and the launch date was here. BUT that doesn’t mean we don’t have time for some contest fun. I’ll be running some smaller Twitter-only and Facebook-only contests in addition to those here on the blog, so if you’re not already following me there, no time like the present to get started!
But wait — first, a refresher on FATEFUL, for those of you who might not be familiar with the premise:
The story revolves around a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the horrible family she has to work for. But that’s not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who’s ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she’d rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf … one cursed to change every night, unless he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You’d think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn’t you?
But no. Their biggest problem is that they’re aboard the RMS Titanic.
So, as you might guess from the fact that I wrote this, I LOVE DISASTER MOVIES. And disaster books. Disasters on television shows. (Fictional disasters, mind you: I’m not some weirdo who likes real ones, which uniformly suck.) If you’re interested in this book, chances you have a weakness for these too. The first contest is going to celebrate the whole fictional-disaster genre.
1) Send an email to evernightclaudia at gmail dot com with the subject line “FATEFUL Contest #1″ or similar.
2) In this email, tell me your favorite movie, book or television episode about a disaster. It can be a real life disaster like the sinking of the Titanic, or one made up for purposes of the story. And tell me why you love it so much!
3) Also in this email, give me a name and email address I can use to send you your prize.
(What is your prize? FOUR lucky winners will receive $25 gift certificates to the online bookstore of their choice!)
4) Tell me the online bookstore you’d choose!
5) Do this before Tuesday, Sept. 30, when four winners will be chosen at random.
Good luck to all!